Based in Tampa, Barker | Cook, provides smart and innovative legal solutions to businesses and individuals throughout Florida and beyond.
Attorneys Chris Barker and William Cook are AV Preeminent peer review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available, and both are listed in Florida Super Lawyers for business litigation. Barker | Cook is also listed in Best's Directories of recommended insurance professionals.
At Barker | Cook, our attorneys have been recognized for their expertise. and attorney Chris Barker has been certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a circuit court civil mediator. Mr. Barker is also a member of the Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, the Florida Circuit-Civil Mediator Society and the National Association of Distinguished Neutrals.
For more information about our lawyers and their respective areas of legal knowledge, please refer to their biographies linked below.
Please click on the links below to read some of Mr. Cook's legal articles.
Please understand that the articles are not a substitute for legal advice
and you should not rely on them for any particular issue.
- A Primer on Civil Litigation
- Admissibility of Expert Testimony
- Insurance Coverage
- Mechanics of Florida Civil Procedure
- Practicing in Federal Court
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.